Re: problem with cross-compile install

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 15:54:51 +0200

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I just found an issue with 'make install' when cross-compiling:
> the libs are stored in $prefix/lib64 if the build system is 64-bit while
> they are stored in $prefix/lib on a 32-bit build system.
> [...]
> but its probably a good idea to always use 'lib' when cross-compiling ...
> anyone have some ideas?

We do nothing funny in our configure script or Makefile.am files
relative to the 'install' target of generated makefiles. Whatever we
get is whatever 'automake' decides is appropriate to generate. So in
case there is something blatantly wrong this should most likely be
directed to the automake mailing list.

Are you attempting to run 'make-install' in the cross compiling
environment or in the actual destination machine? I believe that it is
in the cross compiling environment in order to allow other build
processes to locate the cross compiled library.

Are you using '--prefix' when running configure?

Are you setting DESTDIR environment variable before running 'make install'?

--
-=[Yang]=-