obtaining information about files or folders with MLST?

From: Ellié Computing Open Source Program <opensource_at_elliecomputing.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:57:35 +0200

Hi,
I’d like to obtain information about a file/folder with the MLST command when it is supported (it allows to get “folder-ness”, size, modification time... all at once).

I tried to use a “quote” command, and it passes the command, the server is OK, how can I get the result however? it is output by the server in the control connection, like this:
250-Listing /folder-status-filters_1_0.581698499852791/dev_web
type=dir;modify=20120418141602; /folder-status-filters_1_0.581698499852791/dev_web
250 End

I tried also to totally disable the main command with CURLOPT_NOBODY=1, CURLOPT_HEADER=0 but it still issues a SIZE and RETR command. can I disable the main command?

NB: my target is to implement an efficient “stat” command in the virtual file system implementation of our software. I’ll fallback on listing parent directory but it’s rather inefficient.

Regards
Armel