[SFTP] Problem: libSSH2 is slow

From: muller_b <quentin.muller_at_epitech.eu>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:20:02 +0000

>From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se<mailto:daniel_at_haxx.se?Subject=Re:%20CURL%20and%20SFTP%20performances>>
>Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:13:57 +0200 (CEST)

>On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, antonio spoken wrote:

>> I tried to do a big file transfer of about 35 megs, and the resulting
>> transfer rate was quite slow, with a transfer time of about 3 minutes (more
>> or less 200 KB/s). With the common sftp delivered by OpenSSH i transfer the
>> same file in about 10 seconds (about 3 MB/s).

>The problem with SFTP performance with libssh2 is a known problem and there
>are ideas and theories in the libssh2 camp about what can be done to improve
>things, but me knowingly there's nobody actively working on this.

>This is not anything curl/libcurl does wrong, it's just an effect how a rather
>stupid protocol (SFTP) and a not perfectly adapted library (libssh2) combines.

Hello,

As above, I read that there is a speed problem with libssh2 which my program might be encoutering and that really limits the transfer speed to 250kB/s at its best (while sftp - debian integrated command - performs the same at 1.8MB/s).
Can you please tell me, if the situation is still the same as in 2007 ?
If yes, then, does another library only exist ? , a library that could be used by libcurl instead of libssh2 in order to better support SFTP ?

Best regards,

--
Quentin Muller