Re: Reported tftp resend bug missing in curl 7.23.1?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 23:03:26 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012, Steve H Truong wrote:

> I downloaded the 7.23.1 code as well as looked up the latest code (I assume)
> online at https://github.com/bagder/curl/blob/master/lib/tftp.c%a0and still
> see the unchanged code. [the following from 7.23.1.  Pay attention to line #
> 730]

Look again and you'll see that the code was changed in commit 592df29f9cdf,
exactly as Dan already said. The commit is even tributed to Rutger Hofman who
pointed out the problem.

> I think that the change for the second arg of sendto() should be  (void
> *)state->spacket.data. Please check the other sendto() calls in the same
> file.

Yes, I think you're right. Does doing that way fix the problem for your
use-case? This clearly shows that A) we lack a proper test case for this
situation and B) people are better off sending us patches instead of mere
descriptions of how code should be modified...