RE: cUrl and challenge-response authentication (NTLM)

From: Yehezkel Horowitz <horowity_at_checkpoint.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 17:44:24 +0200

>> Finally, I would be glad to know if you think this mode is worth development
>> effort, and if you think curl users (other than me) will be happy to use it.

> I honestly don't know, but I would suspect so. Lots of people already have the problem of separating the "fake" headers from the "real" ones in these
situations so I think it can help making application logic simpler.

Is there a way that I could help in the development effort (I'm using curl a lot, but never looked into the code)?

>> PS: can you think about good name to this mode (CURL_OPT_?)?

>Hm. What about

>CURLOPT_INHIBIT_HEADERS
>CURLOPT_HIDE_HEADERS
>CURLOPT_HEADER_CONTROL

>or similar?

>The following argument would then possibly be an enum or bitmask so that we
can allow different levels or modes of hiding. Like for auth OR redirects or
both etc.

I like CURLOPT_HIDE_HEADERS.

Suggested values of the enum:

CURL_HTTP_AUTH
CURL_HTTP_REDIRECT

Thanks for the professional and quick responses.