RE: cUrl and challenge-response authentication (NTLM)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 16:37:36 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012, Yehezkel Horowitz wrote:

>>> Another point I noticed, that I can't use NTLM authentication with
>>> CURLOPT_FORBID_REUSE (since NTLM provide authentication per connection).
>
> Right. However that's a bug we should be able to fix without the above
> mentioned change being strictly necessary.
>
> Do you want me to open a bug report for this?

No need, I added it to docs/KNOWN_BUGS just now!

> Finally, I would be glad to know if you think this mode is worth development
> effort, and if you think curl users (other than me) will be happy to use it.

I honestly don't know, but I would suspect so. Lots of people already have the
problem of separating the "fake" headers from the "real" ones in these
situations so I think it can help making application logic simpler.

> PS: can you think about good name to this mode (CURL_OPT_?)?

Hm. What about

CURLOPT_INHIBIT_HEADERS
CURLOPT_HIDE_HEADERS
CURLOPT_HEADER_CONTROL

or similar?

The following argument would then possibly be an enum or bitmask so that we
can allow different levels or modes of hiding. Like for auth OR redirects or
both etc.