Support for authentication DIGEST-MD5 for SMTP

From: Gokhan Sengun <gokhansengun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 13:15:50 +0200

Hey Folks,

It seems libcurl does not have support for authentication DIGEST-MD5 for
SMTP. Is it just lack of time behind leaving this unimplemented or other
difficulties that does not worth to struggle?

I am not familiar with the SMTP authentication methods yet but will be
familiar in the near future.

Would you guys be interested with this feature implemented in the next
libcurl version? Maybe provide some guidance for me to kick off?

Thanks in advance!

--
it is twice as difficult to debug a program as to write it. Therefore, if
you put all of your creativity and effort into writing the program, you are