Re: Converting blocking parts in establishing active FTP connection

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 23:35:07 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011, Gokhan Sengun wrote:

>> How about CURLE_FTP_PORT_FAILED ?

> My impression was that CURLE_FTP_PORT_FAILED is currently set whenever
> client has internal problems to create a socket, bind it to a port, etc.

It is perhaps currently set in these circumstances. The error code is clearly
for when the PORT operation failed in several different aspects, with the
verbose output and error message telling exactly how. But I won't insist.

> I thought it could be better if server errors are signified with a different
> error because in the case described, PORT command actually succeeds but the
> transfer command following it fails.

Well, it would also be easy to add a new error code! We can even re-use the
error number 10 which has been unused since April 2006.