Re: Active FTP failures while lacking available file handles

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 14:33:21 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 8 Dec 2011, Gokhan Sengun wrote:

> Regarding bug #3429299, I have some bandwidth to work on the issue and fix
> this one in addition to making FTP data connection non-blocking.

Awesome! I'll help out from my end.

> Doing these will require monitoring two sockets at a time and saving
> connection state before data connection is tried to be established. I have a
> road map to follow but I would like to ask you first, if you are already
> working on the issues above and avoid duplicate work.

I've basically only read code and thought about the problem, I haven't
actually changed or written any code yet.

> Also, have you already planned the interface with which curl is going to
> monitor two sockets?

I think modifying Curl_socket_ready() to accept (up to) two sockets for
reading would be simple enough. If you want to, I can do that change first so
that you have a better foundation for your further changes.