Re: Enhancing POP3 to support extra commands

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 14:12:42 -0800

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 08:35:54PM +0000, Steve Holme wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> > I would imagine you'd use -Q to do a full series of commands at once while
> > connected. Like issuing a series of deletes or so.
>
> Okay - I'll leave that for a follow up patch as surely the URL would need to
> change for each message to delete ?

Commands specified with -Q are orthogonal (mostly) to the URL. The URL
specifies the file to download or upload, but the quote commands can
specify just about anything. To delete a message, you wouldn't do -Q DELE
but rather -Q 'DELE 5', giving the entire command. This is opposed to
-X which replaces the command being given. Giving -X DELE when given a URL
to list message 5 would rather delete that message instead.

>>> Dan