Re: Enhancing POP3 to support extra commands

From: Graeme Gill <graeme2_at_argyllcms.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 12:22:49 +1100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> There are more such examples in libcurl where we once did something in a way that we now think
> wasn't optimal, so we try not to repeat old mistakes.

Sure. What are the (API) alternatives then ?

Using a command line option to send a protocol specific command has two problems:
it isn't applicable to a programmatic API; it doesn't encapsulate & hide the
protocol specifics which is I think is most of the point of using a library like
CURL.

(ie. having different options to delete a file using HTTP, FTP and SFTP would
 seem to me to be a distinct problem in the current library.)

Graeme Gill.