Re: Enhancing POP3 to support extra commands

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 08:34:38 -0800

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 04:00:48PM +0000, Steve Holme wrote:
> I think style wise this is in line with the rest of libcurl and how it
> handles URLs (from the documentation I have written) but I would really
> appreciate any input on this before continuing.

It makes sense, but surely some mailers out there already support a similar
POP3 syntax. It would be good to maintain some compatibility with
existing practise (assuming there is some) given that there doesn't seem
to be an official POP-3 URL syntax for such commands. Have you researched
to see if other mailers do that? mutt, for example, allows pop3 URL
syntax only to access a mailbox and not to manipulate messages so the path
part of the URL is ignored, so unfortunately there's no precedence there.

>>> Dan