RE: help: libCURL with epoll

From: Kopparapu, Sangeeta (GE Healthcare, consultant) <Sangeeta.Kopparapu_at_ge.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 16:21:51 -0500

> >I am using 10 easy handles per thread and have taken care of reusing
the handles in the code. But the transfer rate is 17Mbps.

>You probably need to do some profiling and network analyzing to figure
out exactly what takes the time that prevents you from achieving higher
speeds.

When I run profiler, I noticed that libCURL is invoking poll method
which is quite surprising to me, because I am using epoll to poll the
sockets and I did not expect this call. Then I saw a comment in source
code that
                    /* Call for select()/poll() only, if
read/write/error status is not known. */

May I know the reason for the failures? What I shoud I check here?

Next, I see some considerable amount of time being spent in
Curl_send_plain (to send request to server) and Curl_recv_plain (receive
response) calls. Is this again because of above error?

Please suggest.