Re: Re: "Server response timeout" after connected to FTP server

From: Marcin Adamski <mass85_at_tlen.pl>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 20:35:56 +0100

> I'm not sure how much these logs show, but I would expect to see the FTP
> server respond with at least a 220 banner on connection, and this log
> doesn't show that the FTP server is returning anything. libcurl is right
> to time out in that case. Can you connect to this server with another
> ftp client? Does Wireshark show the server actually responding with
> anything?

The problem in this particular case is that in tcpdump output I see that my application/libcurl initialises TCP connection and then immediately finishes it. There is no FTP request/response sent or received. I can provide tcpdump output if needed.

However I don't have any problems when I use other FTP clients, when I use CURL from command line (without any timeouts set) or when I perform transfers from my application but with FTP_RESPONSE_TIMEOUT set to 90s instead of 15s. Anyway 15s is much more than these miliseconds within I get that timeout.

Marcin Adamski