RE: FTPS Attempt Not Using SSL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 12:45:00 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011, SuperWare Support wrote:

> I tried that first, but the included .vcproj file is version 8.00 (Visual
> Studio 2005). I use Visual Studio.NET (2003). The version I have would be
> compatible with 2003, 2005, 2008 and beyond, but the version currently in
> the distribution is only 2005 and beyond. Also, it would be helpful to
> distribute a .sln file so that user's don't have to create one and attach
> the project to it.

The same restrictions still apply from my end though. We _generate_ these
files based on the input we have, so we need to just make sure to generate the
files to be more suitable.

In order to generate the vcproj for "2003" I guess someone needs to figure out
what exactly is needed. (And if the formats for the different versions are
compatible.)

In order to generate an .sln file, someone needs to figure out that file
format and write the necessary scripting to generate such a file.

Before anyone questions why we need to generate these files and not just use
fixed versions: we tried that for a long time and it basically just makes sure
that those files are NEVER up-to-date as no/very few (lib)curl developers use
them.

Or you just ditch the broken systems and build libcurl with the makefiles we
provide.