Re: How to fetch pop3 mail using libcurl

From: Graeme Gill <graeme2_at_argyllcms.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 15:55:13 +1100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> They would need to be separate, which if I recall things your patch
> wasn't and it did the delete part in a way I didn't approve of. Or do I
> remember things wrong?

You can't on the one hand keep saying "patches welcome" whenever someone
requests a new feature (which is what happened last time someone
asked for pop3 delete), and on the other hand come back weeks after you
get such a patch contributed, and drop them on the ground. You are simply
sending a strong message of "don't bother trying to contribute to libcurl".

In this particular instance, you might have at least picked up
my patch as a starting point to solve the bug at hand, thereby
fixing two problems in one go.

Graeme Gill.