RE: socket error with NTLM auth proxy and multi interface

From: Pingzhong Li <PLi_at_fiberlink.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:49:49 -0400

>> Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
>>Could that possibly be because you run a different perl installation than the one from cygwin or something like that? Surely '..' should be a perfect path for anything within cygwin?

I think that I didn't run at the Cygwin shell. I used a different perl from Cygwin (ActivePerl).

I found out this link: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/install.html and I am trying to follow the section for Cygwin. This time, I am running at a Cygwin shell however it complains that there is ar file.

pli_at_BBT400LT5586 /cygdrive/c/users/pli/downloads/curl-7.22.0/curl-7.22.0
$ sh configure
checking whether to enable debug build options... no
checking whether to enable compiler optimizer... (assumed) yes
checking whether to enable strict compiler warnings... no
checking whether to enable compiler warnings as errors... no
checking whether to enable curl debug memory tracking... no
checking whether to enable c-ares for DNS lookups... no
checking for sed... /usr/bin/sed
checking for grep... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for ar... no
configure: error: ar not found in PATH. Cannot continue without ar.

Then I launched the setup.exe for Cygwin again to try to install the ar, however I just could not find it at the packages ( it is not easy to find it either, I did search as well and I didn't find a ar file although it found arc, arj, parrot, tar etc). I did some search on internet, and it is really not any information about ar file. Any idea?

Thanks,
Pingzhong

Fiberlink Disclaimer: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.