RE: socket error with NTLM auth proxy and multi interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 12:49:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011, Pingzhong Li wrote:

>> I don't recall the reason right now off the top of my head. Can you still
>> run all the test cases with with your change applied?
>
> Thanks. I tried to run the tests. However somehow I could not get it
> working.

I just never even try to use Windows or develop anything on Windows so there
may indeed be details to sort out. Perhaps Gunter or Yang can provide some
additional hints here since I know they at least sometimes run curl stuff on
windows.

> I know that I must be missing sth here. By the way, I am on windows. I have
> Cygwin installed. Not sure if that would be enough or not. I did copy the
> curl.exe and libcurl.dll into the tests folder and modified the curl.exe
> path From ..\src\ to current folder at rimtests.pl since it complains that
> ".." is not a recognized command.

Could that possibly be because you run a different perl installation than the
one from cygwin or something like that? Surely '..' should be a perfect path
for anything within cygwin?

> Here is what I got at the screen:
> C:\Users\pli\Downloads\curl-7.22.0\curl-7.22.0\tests>runtests.pl
> make: *** No rule to make target `show'. Stop.

That make failure seems to indicate a problem. runtests.pl runs 'make show' in
that directory and if that doesn't work the Makefile is not there and
working...

> sh: ../curl-config: No such file or directory

No curl-config in the parent directory?

> Warning: test1 not present in tests/data/Makefile.am

... this is said because 'make show' above failed.

> 'exec' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file.

I can't figure out what causes this output...

> RUN: failed to start the HTTP server

This is of course fatal and will prevent most testing. Add -d and -v to the
runtests.pl command line and see if you get any useful info from that.