Re: Countdown started

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 00:00:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> Sorry, it was the libtool upgrade that caused my autobuild breakage.

Which specific libtool upgrade was that?

Debian only ships a single libtool version (2.4 just now) and that's what I
use for my dev and for release packages etc.

> It's definitely frustrating, but I don't envy those guys' job trying to keep
> those tools portable enough and with all the necessary workarounds to work
> on practically every UNIX system available since before the start of the GNU
> project.

Yes, I definately don't feel any envy towards their jobs and I realize that
complaining isn't helping much as I just as well as anyone can step up and
work on the problems.