Re: High latency and buffer size

From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:03:13 -0700

I dont know what i was thinking, please listen to Daniel and ignore my
comment :P

Like he says, if it's just latency that is the problem, you shouldn't have
any issues once the data starts coming.

If the problem is that you don't have enough bandwidth, you need to either
buffer more up before starting, or you need to go for a lower bitrate
podcast.

If the problem is that your latency or bandwidth isn't constant, you'll need
to buffer up more before starting (and maybe some while playing if you run
out of buffer during playback) to help absorb the spikes of latency /
bandwidth.