libcurl - performance

From: Yoav Einav <yoave_at_qwilt.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:46:32 +0300

Hi all,

I would like to use the curl library as my Http client implementation in my
application.

The most important thing for me is high performance - executing multiple
http requests in fast rate.

In the features page the fact that it is fast is highlighted.

I was wondering if you've any real numbers to show or any tested benchmarks,
so I can compare it to other possibilities, such as serf (by Apache).

Moreover, any comparison between libcurl and curlpp (libcurl c++ wrapper)
will be helpful as well.

Thanks,

Yoav Einav
Qwilt | Work: +972-72-2221643| Mobile: +972-52-3433433 | yoave_at_qwilt.com