Re: Infinite loop in Curl_splay

From: Christian Hägele <haegele_at_teamviewer.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 12:54:43 +0000 (UTC)

Christian Hägele <haegele <at> teamviewer.com> writes:

> Unfortunately I have no idea how I could reproduce this bug. It seems to be
> very rare anyway.
> I won't rule out that we have some weired race-condition somewhere in our
> code, but then I suppose it would simple crash somewhere, instead of ending
> up in an infinite loop because 2 values are exactly the same.

I am still fighting this problem. I still can't reproduce this issue, but while
debugging my code I found that I call curl_multi_add_handle within
the curl_multi_socket_action function (on the same multi-handle). That's because
I call some subsequent functions within the CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION callback.
Is this safe to do or can that produce this infinite loop?
I already found that calling curl_multi_remove_handle within the
curl_multi_socket_action function will produce crashes, but
curl_multi_add_handle seemed to work fine.
Before I change my whole code I want to know if this might solve the problem.