RE: OS/400 FTP Server Related Problem

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 11:33:32 +0200

Dan Fandrich wrote:

>> I'm not reusing a connection, but it is defaulting to NAMEFMT 1 no
matter what now.

> If you set a CURLOPT_QUOTE or CURLOPT_PREQUOTE command of "NAMEFMT 0",
won't it "undo" the previous NAMEFMT 1 operation?

I would not recommend it since NAMEFMT 1 is needed to handle the libcurl
internal feature latching and restoring the current working directory:
setting NAMEFMT to 0 will cause this feature to fail --> error.

I addition, it is possible to address a DB2 library using NAMEFMT 1 with
the following naming:

ftp://username:password@os400.company.org/QSYS.LIB/OPERATOR.LIB

Or a file as:
ftp://username:password@os400.company.org/QSYS.LIB/OPERATOR.LIB/USERFILE
.FILE

Or even a member as:
ftp://username:password@os400.company.org/QSYS.LIB/OPERATOR.LIB/USERFILE
.FILE/USERMEMBER.MBR

While complete member addressing using a NAMEFMT 0 syntax (i.e.:
LIBRARY/FILE(MEMBER)) is not compatible with an URL syntax.

I would suggest to update URLs in curl_easy_setopt statements rather
than alterating NAMEFMT.

Patrick