Re: Threaded resolver breaks MOC

From: Ben Noordhuis <info_at_bnoordhuis.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 02:29:43 +0200

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 01:52, Dave Reisner <d_at_falconindy.com> wrote:
> I'm investigating a bug report [1] for Arch Linux which we received a
> few months ago regarding MOC [2] being unable to play streams. MOC is
> linked against curl and uses the multi interface. To summarize the bug
> report, I determined that it wasn't a specific version of curl which was
> breaking MOC, but the addition of --enable-threaded-resolver in our
> build options. I've verified that this behavior is still consistent with
> the latest curl from git.
>
> The third comment in our bug report shows output from MOC when
> successful and unsuccessful. I've examined the code in question, and
> can't see anything that stands out, though my knowledge and experience
> with curl_multi is somewhat limited. As MOC's upstream seems to be on
> life support, I'm reaching out to you fine folks to see if anyone might
> have some insight or might be able to push me in the right direction.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> [1] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/23193
> [2] http://moc.daper.net/

Dave, from https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/23193?getfile=6531

  Mar 8 18:53:12.639698: io_curl.c:342 curl_read_internal(): Doing select()...
  Mar 8 18:54:58.450305: server.c:122 sig_exit(): Got signal 15

Do you know where the SIGTERM comes from? Is the good log file from
when you compile with c-ares support?