Threaded resolver breaks MOC

From: Dave Reisner <d_at_falconindy.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 19:52:01 -0400

I'm investigating a bug report [1] for Arch Linux which we received a
few months ago regarding MOC [2] being unable to play streams. MOC is
linked against curl and uses the multi interface. To summarize the bug
report, I determined that it wasn't a specific version of curl which was
breaking MOC, but the addition of --enable-threaded-resolver in our
build options. I've verified that this behavior is still consistent with
the latest curl from git.

The third comment in our bug report shows output from MOC when
successful and unsuccessful. I've examined the code in question, and
can't see anything that stands out, though my knowledge and experience
with curl_multi is somewhat limited. As MOC's upstream seems to be on
life support, I'm reaching out to you fine folks to see if anyone might
have some insight or might be able to push me in the right direction.

Regards,
Dave

[1] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/23193
[2] http://moc.daper.net/