Re: error when compiling cUrl in win xp with openssl using winbuild (command line)

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 13:47:51 +0200

Hi,
Am 15.05.2011 08:15, schrieb Meir Yanovich:
> reading the PAQ , can't find any answer to my problem
> also i read similar post like my , pointing to this solution .
> http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#Link_errors_when_building_libcur
> but i already have this flag set in my application .
> why even if i set USE_IDN=no its still complains about missing IDN libs
it seems that your libcurl was build with native IDN support, and
therefore your makefile flags do nothing when you link curl against the
static libcurl.lib which depends on normaliz.dll; instead you need to
either add normaliz.lib to the linker args, or rebuild libcurl without
native IDN support.
Also realize that by default normaliz.dll is only supported with Vista
and higher unless you install the "Microsoft Internationalized Domain
Names (IDN) Mitigation APIs 1.1":
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=ad6158d7-ddba-416a-9109-07607425a815

Gün.