Re: libcurl-sftp: upload multiple files

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:02:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011, aiooua wrote:

> I'm uploading a big bunch of files to an sftp server using libcurl. Can
> someone point me to a sample or general guideline on how multiple FTP
> uploads can be performed for a single sftp login?

Exactly like libcurl works with any other protocol it supports: re-use the
easy handle and just set the new options for the next transfer and do another
curl_easy_perform().

(Can I just also add that sftp is nothing like FTP so your mentioning of FTP
up there is a bit odd-looking to me!)

> Essentially, I'm hoping to improve performance by saving on the time taken
> to authenticate the client and batch multiple uploads per authentication.

If you re-use a handle that has an existing connection to the host already,
you will save the entire connection - handshake - authentication phase indeed.