Re: POP3 - IMAP?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 16:58:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011, MigueL DíaZ wrote:

> $ curl -V
>
> And I was shocked to see pop3, smtp and imap listed as protocols!

All three of them were added in 7.20.0

> Can you please point me to some docs on how to use libcurl and/or curl to
> communicate with pop, imap or smtp servers?

We added a couple of new curl_easy_setopt() options for them and we have a few
examples around at least for smtp:

http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/simplesmtp.html
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/smtp-multi.html
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/smtp-tls.html

... but for some reason we still have no examples for POP3 or IMAP and they're
not described very detailed in any docs either. I trust everyone feels
encouraged to write up a few sample programs and send them our way!

The principle is still the same though as always with (lib)curl: they send or
get "resources", which in these cases tend to be mails.