POP3 - IMAP?

From: MigueL DíaZ <tiomiguel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:45:27 -0430

Hi all!

I just read a previous email and I was curious about "curl -V" so I did it:

$ curl -V
curl 7.21.0 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.21.0 NSS/3.12.8.0 zlib/1.2.5
libidn/1.18 libssh2/1.2.4
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s
rtsp scp sftp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

And I was shocked to see pop3, smtp and imap listed as protocols!
Can you please point me to some docs on how to use libcurl and/or curl to
communicate with pop, imap or smtp servers?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Miguel.