Re: SMTP authentication methods in API

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 13:41:58 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Ben Noordhuis wrote:

>> Is it on the libucurl's TODO list to expose SMTP authentication methods in
>> the future release(s)?
>
> It's not on the official TODO list so far.

The official TODO is not very important anyway. That file just lists ideas and
things we might consider doing one day.

Things get implemented when a developer somewhere writes up the necessary code
and sends in a patch to the list. That developer can by anyone. We're
entirelly driven by volunteers unless you can find someone who pays (a
developer) for the particular features you want.

So, there's nothing magic in the TODO. It's just a list of things that may or
may not be implemented some day. We frequently add things to curl that never
were in the TODO.