Re: Getting libcurl running on a microcontroller

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 19:40:24 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011, richardcavell_at_mail.com wrote:

> I have coded a Wikipedia bot using libcurl on *NIX. As a gimmick, I would
> like to get my code running on some kind of microcontroller and install it
> into an actual toy robot. This requires a processor of sufficient power and
> compatibility to run libcurl, plus an operating system that has a TCP/IP
> stack, etc. The bot's code is not at all power hungry. What's my best bet
> for a microcontroller platform that can run libcurl adequately?

These days you can find very small and cheap 32bit "microcontrollers" (usually
called SoCs now) that are capable of running Linux just fine and I would
recommend one of those.

Linux is not a requirement for libcurl, you can most certainly use an RTOS if
it just has a decent enough socket API but I don't have a lot of first-hand
experience of libcurl on RTOSes myself.