Re: php curl_exec won't return any data, libcurl-7.21.3.0, php 5.3.4, WampServer2.1d-x64.exe

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:12:45 +0100

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 19:51, Tolas Anon <tolas777_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> curl_exec() to localhost : works like a charm, for a 1hr request.
>
> curl_exec() to internet domain name of localhost (port forwarding from
> adsl modem to localhost enabled) : still running, does appear as
> frozen as in the original request for help.

That sounds like you're behind a NAT'ed firewall. Quiet connections
will often go dead (by the firewall) in an hour or less (I've seen 30
minutes on some). My ssh tunnel connections always use a 'ping -i
localhost 600' on the tunnel-setup ssh to keep the connections up.

You may instead try to set the TCP option SO_KEEPALIVE (see 'man
socket') to see if it helps.

-Tor