Re: c-ares refreshing resolv.conf

From: Dima Tisnek <dimaqq_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 13:44:04 -0700

I think explicit (a)res_init is an ugly hack, in glibc too.

If c-ares can only reload dns servers (and other settings)
explicitely, then it ought to export all the files (or registry keys)
that it may consider. I'm not entirely sure if that's a wise thing to
do, as tracking those is an extra dependency for the user.

I'll start with explicit reload function, and add a configurable
automatic kludge that polls every resolution timeout for now. When
that works, it's up to Daniel to include that into trunk or not.

dima