Re: whether to use Easy Interface or Multi Interface

From: Dirk Manske <dm_at_nonitor.de>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 01:44:52 +0100

> I have a situation where multiple connections are made with the Server in
> different threads. Each thread will be having its own connection with the
> Server, in this case:

> Shall I use "easy interface" handle for each interface separately or I shall
> use one "multi interface". Since each thread will be handling its own
> socket, I felt even using Easy interface for each thread is ok.
Your feelings are right. If you use only one connection per thread,
then easy interface fits perfectly.

> Although Curl says for multiple simultaneous transfer we should use Multi interface,
You must be the choosen one. Curl talks to you. ;-)
I can't remember, that the docs contain such a statement.

> If I use Easy
> interface for each thread separately, then just want to know whether all
> functions i Curl are reenterant or will it cause some harm to my
> application?
The answer is in http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/threaded-ssl.html

If you want to share the dns cache you should also study:
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-share.html

Good luck,
Dirk.