Re: VC Makefile changes/improvements

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:21:33 +0100

Hi Pierre,

2010/12/21 Pierre Joye wrote:

> Just took a 2nd look at your last commit. It is one step in the right
> direction, thanks for that.

Yeah, one step at a time.

> However I would have appreciated that you noticed me about these
> changes before so I don't waste my time by working on the patch I sent
> earlier.

Read points 2.8 and 3.4.4 of http://curl.haxx.se/dev/contribute.html
and re-read my specific request for separate patches earlier in this
thread.

> Especially as it does one of the changes I proposed while
> still missing other and still having duplicated configurations or
> defines.

Your second patch, besides other things, specifically changed the way
libcurl has been named, when built with msvc, since ages.

Given that it would be impossible to reach consensus on how libcurl
library should be named when built with msvc, what I committed keeps
'traditional' naming convention while allowing easy overriding without
need to further modify msvc makefiles.

In any case, I confirm you here that other changes will follow soonish
into the repo. It is up to you If you wish to keep updated your
patches or repos in sync with ours for each commit, or if you prefer
to sync once this is stable again.

Hopefully, If we don't piss off each other, we'll get fine work done.
So let's keep this as technical as possible.

BTW, top-posting on this list is frowned.
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html

--
-=[Yang]=-