Re: VC Makefile changes/improvements

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:07:00 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010, Pierre Joye wrote:

> However I would have appreciated that you noticed me about these changes
> before so I don't waste my time by working on the patch I sent earlier.
> Especially as it does one of the changes I proposed while still missing
> other and still having duplicated configurations or defines.

To me it seems like a better idea if both of you discuss the basic concepts
and how an ideal makefile should work first, before any patches are passed
around. It seems as if you and Yang have some differences in what the "proper"
functionality is. I think it'll cause less frustration on all parts.

I don't have any strong opinions myself, other than I want a set of makefiles
that work reasonably good without being too hard to use.