Timeout behavior with multiple addresses

From: Michael Fischer <michael_at_dynamine.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 15:44:48 -0800

Suppose I initiate a connection to a host that resolves to more than
one address (e.g. 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2), and I set CURLOPT_TIMEOUT_MS
to 10 seconds. (I don't currently set CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT*.)

What is the expected behavior if 10.0.0.1 does not respond within 10
seconds? Will curl attempt to connect to 10.0.0.2 after the timeout
expires? If not, what is the recommended practice for this scenario
such that I can still have a timeout but ensure each host is tried?

Best regards,

--Michael