Re: Locking and multi on multiple connections.

From: Michael Menegakis <arxeio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 00:36:24 +0200

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Michael Menegakis <arxeio_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there other known conditions blocking may occur? I noticed there
> may be occasionally severe blocking if I remove a connection, e.g. I
> turn off the wireless card and turn it on again. I suspect it's
> curl_multi_perform() again though I haven't benchmarked it step by
> step again (hrm. maybe gprof might make it easier).

There's definitely very rare locking on windows that didn't occur when
I had made a version with pthreads. Any insight on what might be?

I now consider of instead of wasting the proper multi code and again
doing threading, to get the whole of the multi operation, run it in a
pthread constantly and only feed it information with a locked (mutex)
variable.