Re: libcurl-7.19.3-win32-ssl-msvc - release lib file is larger thandebug?

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 08:24:59 +0100

"Jerry W. Rice" <jerrywrice_at_fabnexus.com> wrote:

> I've downloaded the 'libcurl-7.19.3-win32-ssl-msvc' zip file, and installed
> it on my Windows development system. I intend to link the 'libCurl' static
> release library file (lib/Release/curllib_static.lib) with my Windows
> application. I've noticed that the pre-built Release library file is 1857
> Kb in length. On the other hand, the pre-built static Debug library file is
> 1733 Kb in length. This seems unusual.

No so strange. All lib-files contains the (relative) path of the objects it was
built from. I.e 'release\version.obj' vs 'debug\version.obj'. There are 65 objects
in each lib. The word 'release' is 2 letters longer than 'debug'. Hence the release
lib is rightly 130 bytes larger. There could be other reasons, but why care?

--gv