re: libcurl-7.19.3-win32-ssl-msvc - release lib file is larger than debug?

From: Jerry W. Rice <jerrywrice_at_fabnexus.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 17:02:38 -0800

I've downloaded the 'libcurl-7.19.3-win32-ssl-msvc' zip file, and installed
it on my Windows development system. I intend to link the 'libCurl' static
release library file (lib/Release/curllib_static.lib) with my Windows
application. I've noticed that the pre-built Release library file is 1857
Kb in length. On the other hand, the pre-built static Debug library file is
1733 Kb in length. This seems unusual. Anyone know why the release version
is larger than the debug version?

Jerry Rice

Los Altos, CA USA