Re[2]: Unsuccessful Login

From: Tetetest <tetetest_at_rambler.ru>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 21:52:23 +0300

Hello Mambo,

Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 10:31:20 AM, you wrote:

>>> You might also need to send the cookies from the login page

MK> I don't understand. I'm just setting CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR and
MK> CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE to the same file. Is that what you mean?

As I can see from your C++ source code, you are only doing one http
request.
Cookies are pieces of data that are obtained in response to some
request and then sent in the header of the next requests.

As you did not request any page before (e.g., the login page without
posting the data), you have not collected any cookies to send back.

I would suggest you to issue a simple GET request of the login page,
and after that proceed with posting the login data.

MK> I cannot believe that Curl cannot replicate the behavior of Mozilla. Or,
MK> better said, cannot log into ETrade.

I bet Mozilla had issued lots of GET requests to ETrade site before
you clicked the login button. :)

--
Best regards,
 Tetetest                            mailto:tetetest_at_rambler.ru