Re: Unsuccessful Login

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:49:23 -0600

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:31 AM, Mambo Knave wrote:

> > You might also need to send the cookies from the login page

> I don't understand. I'm just setting CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR and
> CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE to the same file. Is that what you mean?

I mean you might need to tell libcurl to "visit" the login page first,
and store any cookies that you get from that transaction, and send
them along when you do the post.

You also never did say exactly what sort of problem you're having, the
returned HTTP code and/or the content of the page you get back might
hold some clues.

> I cannot believe that Curl cannot replicate the behavior of Mozilla.
> Or, better said, cannot log into ETrade.

Libcurl can do just about anything Mozilla can do with regard to HTTP,
but it does not understand HTML, JavaScript, etc. So any content-based
tricks will need to be replicated by your application.

Another to check for is an HTML tag that looks something like:

 - Jeff