Problem: winsock 10053

From: Jogeshwar Karthik Akundi <ajkarthik_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:19:09 +0530

Hi,

OS: windows XP
CURL version info: [libcurl/7.21.0 OpenSSL/1.0.0a]

We use curl in HTTPS and CONNECT_ONLY option to connect to our server.
After the connection is established, we send our custom data over the wire.

In case of some of our clients, the amount of data uploaded to server is
being pretty huge (200 MB in one hour around).

They are frequently facing the problem of winsock 10053.

The log given curl callback function is:

SSL_write() returned SYSCALL, errno = 10053

Failure CURL code: 55

Other network applications like skype etc keep running without glitches when
our connection gets dropped.
We have been trying to read up on this 10053 and things are not encouraging
till now.
Please help and if possible provide some pointers about why this may occur
and what we can do about this.

Thanks
Jogeshwar Karthik Akundi