Re: [curl] multi: Fix compile warning on 64-bit systems.

From: Ben Greear <greearb_at_candelatech.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:06:50 -0700

On 08/24/2010 05:13 PM, Guenter wrote:
> Hi Ben,
> Am 25.08.2010 01:40, schrieb Ben Greear:
>> You could save my email as a foo.txt file or whatever, and use 'git
>> am' to
>> apply that?
> that's all? And a followed commit then produces same as Daniel's commit
> = you appear as author, and I as commiter?

I think so..at any rate, after the 'git am', you can do a git log, use
gitk, or whatever to make sure it looks right..and if not, you can
'git reset --hard [previous-commit-md5]'

Make backups before learning git reset, btw :)

When you're all happy, push it.

>> Personally, no big deal if I don't get attributed for such simple
>> things though :)
> well, this was a general Q - next time you or someone else comes up
> something bigger ....
>
> BTW. not sure what Daniel thinks, but at least for myself I can say that
> I can quicker review a patch if there are some comments about what were
> your thoughts, f.e. something like:
> - msgs_in_queue comes as parameter from public API curl_foo(int *), so
> cant be changed to size_t without breaking API, therefore for now a
> cast; I believe something like that is the proper way to verify if a
> patch if correct or not ...
> (not sure now if the above is 100% correct, but I think I checked
> something like that before I got stopped by git manual :) )

The types are all sorts of screwed up in curl in general, but some of them
are public API, so I chose to just cast instead of making all the
API consistent w/out casts.

I can be more verbose next time..but not sure it's really warranted.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb_at_candelatech.com>