Re: Using default cert bundle with PolarSSL

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:21:09 -0500

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Guenter wrote:

> Did you already inform the author of PolarSSL about this prob?
> I think that the right long term fix would be that PolarSSL learns this
> 'unknown sig alg', or?

I think the PolarSSL maintainer (Paul Bakker) was subscribed to this
list so maybe he will notice this thread. Since polarssl is intended to
be a very small ssl implementation, and it already handles 139 out of
the 140 certs in the bundle, I'm not sure the extra weight would be
worth it. But I really don't know how popular the ecdsa-with-SHA384
algorithm is in the wild, or how much effort it would be to implement,
so if nobody responds here within a few days I will pass the info on
to the polarssl mailing list.

- Jeff