Re: What do you see in a future curl?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 15:21:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010, Joost Huizinga wrote:

> One item we have been looking into lately is overcoming the inefficiencies
> of the TCP protocol when it comes to long distance connections. Do you think
> that a libcurl running atop UDT (http://udt.sourceforge.net) is something
> that feasible at all?

Well, libcurl does application layer protocols and transports using them. I'm
not aware of any such protocol that uses "UDT" or similar UDP-based transports
to overcome some of TCP's problems. And I don't see any such protocol getting
any noticable popularity. So no, I don't see any such attempt coming to
libcurl in the short term.

What particular use do you see for it and where/how would you use it?

And please don't top-post...