Re: [bagder/curl] b5c3fe: NTLM tests: boost coverage by forcing the hostname

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 13:52:35 +0200

On Tue August 3 2010 12:46:47 Yang Tse wrote:
> Currently the preprocessor symbol used to enable this testing
> capability is CURLDEBUG, which is the symbol reserved for for
> memory-tracking-capable builds.
>
> OTOH curl_gethostname.c:36 and test definitions comments introduced
> with this commit "we try to use the LD_PRELOAD hack, if not a debug
> build" seem to indicate that the testing capability is intended for
> debug builds.
>
> So. Should the testing capability be available for debug builds or for
> memory tracking builds?

The testing capability itself does not anyhow hang on a debug build. We
need the approach only on platforms that don't support the LD_PRELOAD hack.

> A debug build doesn't always imply a memory tracking enabled build,
> which means that in current state debug builds that do not support
> memory tracking won't have this (forced hostname) testing capability
> enabled.

We can of course introduce a new #define for "regular" debug builds, but it
sounds like a bit overkill to me. Do we actually have any autobuild that runs
the NTLM tests, but does not support the LD_PRELOAD stuff?

Kamil