Re: renaming curl_SOURCES to CURL_ALLFILES

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 09:22:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010, Guenter wrote:

> seems my rename in src/Makefile.inc broke autoconf magic somehow ...
> I searched through the whole source tree but found only those 2 places where
> curl_SOURCES appeared, so thought this would be ok to rename - but seems it
> is not, arg!

> I've already everything in git to rename back, then alternately rename
> CURL_SOURCES to CURL_CFILES, and tested this with autoconf / configure and
> it builds, but before I do another useless commit I would like to hear if
> this is then ok? And of course curious why the heck my rename broke ...

Automake magic is the reason.

The executable in src/ is named 'curl' so the variable in src/Makefile.am that
lists/defines all its sources must be named "curl_SOURCES" just as the
variable in lib/Makefile.am needs to be named libcurl_la_SOURCES.

This said, you can name it whatever you like in Makefile.inc, and then do the
automake-specific name within the .am file, just like the lib/Makefile.am file
does.