Speed performances of curl library

From: <gonzague.debus_at_centraliens-lille.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:34:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I wrote a script in python (few months ago ) in order to download files
from a server, using urllib and urllib2.

I re implemented this script in c++ using libcurl, in order to integrate
it in a previous c++ project.

The downloads rates are much lower with libcurl. In facts, dowload is
about twice faster with python's urllib. (requesting the sames files on
the same server)
The requests performed are identical between the two scripts.

I even tried changing my "file writting" function but with no effects.

I'm using a devel release from Günter Knauf (win32) and the easy interface.

What could explain this dowload rates difference ?

Regards.