Re: Implementing OAuth support into curl?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 19:29:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 15 May 2010, Viksit Gaur wrote:

> Next, curl stores the required access tokens in a file, since we would need
> some kind of persistent state to ensure that using oauth, curl keeps track
> of these tokens. We could do this either through a cookie file, or some
> other file specifically created for this purpose.

That is of course app-specific and not really libcurl material, right? libcurl
would just deliver the response data and headers using the ordinary callbacks
or how would it tell the app about these oauth magic details?

> Would you have suggestions on how to store this persistent state across curl
> invocations?

We need to keep things apart. The curl tool is just an app and it could store
it however. On this list we're focusing on the library itself. The library
cannot use a specific file or something like that. It provides an API for
these things.

I'm lost when it comes to oauth-specific details so I'll leave discussion
about those to you guys who know much more than me about them.